A total of 50 houses were gutted by a devastating fire that broke out in Debiganj upazila of Panchagarh district early Thursday.
The fire originated from a mosquito coil at Tyobor Ali’s house and engulfed the adjacent houses of the Sonaharprodhanpara village.
Being informed, fire fighters rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control with the help of local people.
Deputy Commissioner Sabina Yeasmin and other officials of local administration visited the fire affected area.
Each victim family got two bundles of corrugated iron sheets, Taka 6000 in cash, 50 kg rice and dry food.